At Steady Companion our mission is simple: for ourselves and our vendors to provide exceptional products & services that exceed our customer’s expectations at very competitive pricing.
We take great pride in our company, our commitment to customer service and in the products & services we offer.
Our body work and energy healing services help to:
- Facilitate healing, rehabilitation, injury prevention and support long term health maintenance through a holistic approach.
- Ensure companion animal well-being, vitality and quality of life from youth through end of life transition.
- Enhance the handler/companion partnership while training or competing, to achieve measurable performance improvements.
- Build or enhance the bond between humans and their animal companions, or among animals who share the same living space.
Who We Are
As a young girl Cheri’s family had a dog for a brief time, aside from that she had no pets. She longed to have dogs and horses of her very own. Fortunately, a lovely young couple who boarded their horses near her home offered to mentor her. They taught her how to handle, care for, and ride horses. Their support and encouragement nurtured her passion for not only horses, but other animals. Later, Cheri was asked by a family friend to care for her horse while she worked. Cheri jumped at the chance. For several years, she spent hours after school caring for him; riding, cleaning his stall, grooming and feeding. She would get lost in a world of just the two of them, and loved him as if he were her own. During summer breaks, her family took trips to their grand-parents dairy farm. While there, she helped with a variety of chores for many farm animals. She truly loved these trips, as spending time with the animals always brought her pure joy. These experiences also taught Cheri responsibility and the importance of taking loving care of our animal companions.
As an adult, Cheri and her husband Don welcomed four cats into their household. Though she truly loved her cats, Cheri still longed for that special dog to make their family complete. Though Don had several mixed-breed gun dogs as a young man, Trigger was their first purebred Labrador Retriever. At the time, they did not realize it was the beginning of something very special.
Cheri and Don currently have five Labradors. The dogs are owner trained for hunt test competition in both the USA and Canada, and used as gun dogs for upland and water fowl hunting. They can also be found in the conformation and obedience rings, in order to become All Around dogs. When not working or training, the dogs spend their time as family companions and house dogs.
Cheri has been active in the Labrador Retriever community and dog world for over 20 years. Her desire to prevent injury and facilitate post work-out recovery of her own performance dogs, inspired her to obtain a variety of body work and energy healing skills; as well as gain a deep understanding of nutrition and supplements. Though she does believe in partnering with, and using, traditional Western medicine providers when needed; overall, she has been able to effectively manage the day to day health of her animals holistically.
Cheri previously worked in the software industry for many years in a variety of senior management level positions. After much soul searching she decided to combine her passion for animals with her business career. In addition to being a Body & Energy Work Practitioner, she is also the owner of Steady Companion Pet Supply, (home of Guns Up Gun Dog Supply), and the former owner of Worthy Creatures aka Kreature Comforts a brick & mortar Pet Supply store.
Training & Education
- Graduate of Rocky Mountain School of Animal Acupressure & Massage | Canine Massage Levels 1 – 3
- Advanced Massage for the Canine Athlete & Trigger Point Therapy | Ken Bain LMT/MTI
- Touch Balancing Small Animal Bowen Therapy Levels 1 & 2 Certified Animal Connection Network | Carol Bennett
- Emotional Freedom Techniques AAMET Level 1 &2 | Alina Frank & Dr. Craig Weiner
- Matrix Re-imprinting Level 1 | Alina Frank & Dr. Craig Weiner
- Reiki Level 1 & 2 Certified Tonglen Healing Arts | Polly Klein
- Intro to Animal Communication Tonglen Healing Arts | Polly Klein
- Graduate of Communication With All Life University | Joan Ranquet
- Energy Healing for Animals CWALU | Joan Ranquet
- Intro to Animal Communication | Past Live with Animals | Animals as Our Mirrors Gurney Institute | Carol Gurney
Licensing & Professional Memberships
- LSAMT – License #AS60804360 – Washington State Department of Health
- NBCAAM – National Board of Certification of Animal Acupressure & Massage
- IAAMB – International Association of Animal Massage & Body Work
- ABMP – Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals
- AMMET International – Association for the Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques
- WIPIN – Women in the Pet Industry Network
Active Member Of
- Puget Sound Labrador Retriever Association
- Labrador Retriever Club, Inc.
- Rainier Hunting & Retriever Club
- Northwest Field Trial Club
We find our work very rewarding. It’s a real treat when we receive praise for helping our animal clients.
Here is what some of our clients have to say about our services.
Any Pet Photography
Professional Pet Photographer
“Cheri is always very professional. Arriving on time, she has a great attitude, is friendly, the dogs love her! My dog Gussy onlyhas 3 legs, and Cheri has always kept that in mind when working with her. She is very sensitive to Gussy’ needs. We had great discussions about Gussy’ history and Cheri really listened. She’s a great communicator! Gussy is always happy to see Cheri, and is TOTALLY at ease during their sessions.”
www.jaustinphotography.com | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
St John Ambulance Therapy Team
Missy & Ava Bendzak
“What a great massage experience my two labs had with Cheri! My 11yr old Ava is a certified therapy dog. She brings so much joy and comfort to those in need. I felt she could really benefit from a massage session with Cheri and she thoroughly enjoyed it. It was amazing to watch 2yr. old Willa grow calmer, relax, and give in to Cheri as her session progressed. Aside from her knowledge and professionalism Cheri has a real gift for connecting with her patients in a calm and caring way and is extremely sensitive to their needs. When it comes to massage therapy Cheri is top notch. I highly recommend her!”
AKC & CKC Retriever Hunt Test Judge
“Cheri has a very positive, calm and confident approach with animals, which immediately puts them at ease. Her ability to sense an animals needs is one of her greatest assets. Cheri was friendly, professional and flexible around our busy schedules. She gave me good pointers as to things to watch out for post massage. My Labs love her!”
AKC & CKC Retriever Hunt Test & Labrador Sweepstakes Judge
“Cheri performed an assessment and massage on our 10.5 year old Lab, Kelly. Kelly had an accident a year ago and has some residual effects in her back and rear. This was our first experience with canine massage. Kelly enjoyed it and feels much better now. This morning she turned over on her back, with her feet in the air, and wriggled back and forth scratching her back. She hadn’t done that in a long time. I highly recommend Cheri as a first rate massage therapist. Give her a try, your dog will thank you.”
Communication With All Life University
Animal Communicator, Author, Speaker & Educator
“Cheri has a great sensitivity for people and animals. She is very intuitive and exudes professionalism, whether she is talking about dog massage or the personality of the dog. All my animals love Cheri, particularly Olivia who enjoyed their weekly visits!”
www.joanranquet.com | Email: email@example.com